Electric vehicles are undoubtedly among the most affordable and eco-friendly alternatives in the past few years. Several individuals are interested in them because of the increasing costs of gasoline and different government benefits for individuals who don't wish to drive traditional automobiles. Many EV manufacturers in China who aim to promote a sustainable environment. The main challenge related to an electric vehicle is battery lifespan; many individuals are unwilling to be concerned regarding their vehicle running short of energy when they're traveling.
If you travel in EV, you must ensure that your battery can reach the nearest charging point before depleting power. However, because life can be unpredictable, it could be beneficial to get a portable EV charger. Therefore, for electric vehicle users, here are some points that ought to understand about the working process of EV chargers.
1. What is Electric Vehicle charging?
Electric vehicles like mobile phones, require charging to maintain sufficient power to operate. EV charging is a method of delivering power to a car's battery through an EV charger. The electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) connects to the power grid for charging the EV battery. We can charge the electric car through home, public, and workplace EV chargers.
2. EV charger working:
Charging your electric vehicle (EV) is a breeze. You just need to connect your electric car to a power source. The energy is stored within a battery, which permits you to travel until the battery is depleted. It is crucial to remember that not all batteries and charging points have the same power output. Anyone can recharge an electric car in the garage if you install a charging station in your garage or wherever you parked your car. Else, you'll need to figure out where to purchase the necessary electric car supply components.
There are two important components of an EV charger:
· Control Unit: This manages the procedure for charging by controlling the supply of power throughout the charger. The monitoring device assures that the cells are carefully and properly charged, in addition to sure the EV charger doesn't overheat. It also evaluates the batteries' state and will indicate precisely how much power they possess.
· Power Source: This supplies the power required for charging the EV batteries.
3. Portable EV charger:
According to its name, this EV charger is a mobile option to ensure you never go without a power source. Portable EV chargers are power banks on wheels, targeted for each electric vehicle owner to fix the problems related to range anxiety as well as houses that do not have allocated garages. A portable EV charger is an electrical backup in the shape of a small bag that may be used as a convenient source of power while there is no public EV charger available.
A portable EV charger serves as a large battery having bi-directional (V2G) functionality. It may take electricity from the power grid as well as deliver energy to the vehicle. This is an important power source available in almost all-electric vehicles, occupying a desirable location in the luggage area or frunk of the majority of EVs.
3.1. The structure of a Portable EV charger:
On one end is a conventional mains electrical cable with a three-pin connector that can be plugged into any domestic wall outlet, on the other end is a thicker cord connected with either an SAE J1772 (Type 1) or IEC 61851 (Type 2) portable electric vehicle charger socket that plugs into the battery of your electric vehicle.
The charging device itself is located among both wires and features an extensive protection mechanism and short circuit safeguards to enable secure portable electric vehicle charging. The entire length of the Portable EV Charger is almost 5m which is enough in almost all situations to bring you a charge practically everywhere.
3.2. Working process of Portable EV charger:
The process of electric vehicle charging with portable EV charger is consist of the following points:
· The portable EV charger is powered by a normal electric socket or a specifically designed charging point. The charger requires an alternating current source of power for proper functioning.
· This AC power will be converted to direct current by a portable EV charger because mostly electric vehicles use DC power to charge their batteries.
· The charger adjusts the voltage of the DC electricity to meet the needs of the EVs battery. Because various electric vehicle models possess distinct voltage demands, the charger regulates its power output accordingly. The Portable EV chargers also regulates the current flow to the battery to protect it from overcharging and overheating.
· Several portable EV chargers possess communication functions. They may transmit details regarding charging situation, battery life, along with other related information with the EV. This connection enables the EV charger to optimise the method of charging and assure vehicle suitability.
· The Portable EV charger controls the charging procedure to identify whether the battery is completely charged after providing the proper DC power to the EVs battery. To avoid overcharging, it instantly ceases charging at that moment.
The portable EV charger industry is divided into three categories: based on its type, function, and region/location. The marketplace is divided into two types, AC and DC. According to function, it is divided into personal vehicles and commercial vehicles. There are four regions of portable EV chargers namely (North America, Europe, Asia, and LAMEA).
4. Merits of using Portable EV chargers:
Source of peace: If a portable EV charger is available in a vehicle, it will give you a peace of mind and reduce the range anxiety.
Compact: A truly portable EV charging system with a light weight and small shape may be implemented swiftly and effectively to fulfil rising charging needs without the need to construct a permanent charging infrastructure.
Save time: In areas with a large concentration of EVs, transporting the EV charger to the car will save considerable amounts of time as contrasted to transferring vehicles around to find a fixed charger.
Applications: The portable EV chargers are perfect for a wide range of applications, allowing fleet owners, automobile sellers, organizers of events, and other companies to convert any 3-phase plug into a DC quick-charging point.
5. What are the built-in safety characteristics of EVcome portable EV chargers?
· Emergency stop
· Leakage protection
· Overheat, overcurrent, and overvoltage protection
· Lightning protection
· IP66 waterproof
· Short circuit protection
6. Future trend of Electric vehicle charging:
V2G or Bi-directional chargers are advances in the right way for electric car charging networks to use green energy sources like wind and solar power. Wireless charging of electric cars, on the other hand, is causing controversy in the automotive industry as a way to decrease the range anxiety of electric vehicle owners and enable using smart EV charging stations easier.
The industries are looking forward to offering e-mobility alternatives that aren't limited to autos, and developing capacities to power our roads, industrial vehicles, companies, communities, and utilities now that the electric car infrastructure is in place.
7. The EV charger factory EVcome:
With growing demands for electric vehicle chargers, companies who want to offer their consumers a range of charging alternatives will need to invest quickly in devices and software, or risk being left behind. With so many different charging levels and dozens of EV charger manufacturers in China, meeting customer demands in only a few years could seem difficult. This is where EVcome enters the picture. Our EV chargers are simple to use, highly adaptable and durable to make charging at home as easy as possible so that you wake up to a fully charged electric vehicle, every single day.
EVcome has all the approved certificates from ISO 9001, CE, and TUV international quality certification because of its reliable and efficient tools, software’s and other devices. Our goal is to make our environment clean by providing clean services.
EVcome was implemented to facilitate apartment blocks that provide such a light for their customers, to provide dispatchers with a scalable solution to their taxi or bus services, and to allow shopping locations to provide a handy service to their clients. We provide you with a 24-hour free consultation to ensure that you can meet your needs the first time. At present, Evcome has provided professional and intelligent new energy vehicle charging equipment for more than 1,000 brands around the world.
A portable EVSE (electric vehicle supply equipment) is a vital tool for every electric car owner to carry and put in the trunk of their vehicle to guarantee they are never left without a charge.
EVCOME’s main products contain EV charging stations, portable EV chargers, EV chargers cables, EV charging connectors, etc. All our products are certificated for each market, such as CE, TUV, CSA, FCC, UL, ROHS, etc, Also，EVCOME are able to do customization according to different customers demands， and we have been exported to EU,Middle East,South East Asia area etc..,